A sewer line camera inspection allows for a real-time visual inspection of underground sewer lines and other piping to determine the condition inside the pipe. A flexible fiber optic cable with a specially designed high-resolution video camera on its tip is inserted into the pipe for inspection. As the cable is pushed through the pipe, the hardened waterproof camera, equipped with powerful lights, records its journey and findings. Video images are transmitted to the camera operator who can make an informed diagnosis of any problem found. The video inspection can be saved for a permanent record.
Video cameras may be used to identify pipe damage and obstructions that inhibit proper flow or create occasional or repeated backups. The cameras also verify that obstructions have been eliminated and that the lines are clean following service. The condition of a pipe typically cannot be determined without a visual inspection using an in-line camera. And after the condition of the pipe is determined, we carry out cleaning practices like hydrojetting to clear your pipe. We are expert service provider of Hydrojetting in Mobile, Alabama.
Unveiling Hidden Issues with Sewer Camera Inspection in Mobile, AL
Modern plumbing companies often turn to advanced tools and methods to detect and address challenges in the piping system. Sewer camera inspection services, offered by our plumbing company, are a testament to this commitment to innovation. They provide an insightful way to identify sewer problems and pinpoint the exact location of the plumbing issues.
Here are some sewer and drain-related plumbing problems that our inspection services can identify:
- Broken, cracked or collapsed pipe – damaged pipes requiring repair or replacement.
- Offset pipe – sewer pipes have become misaligned due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Blockage – grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the line.
- Corrosion – Over time, especially in cast iron or other metal-based pipes, corrosion can set in. This leads to the pipe deteriorating, causing sections to collapse and restrict water flow.
- Bellied pipe – a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects paper and waste.
- Leaking joints – the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration – tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer line, preventing normal cleaning and/or roots have damaged the pipe.
- Off-grade pipe – existing pipes are constructed of substandard or outdated material that may have deteriorated or corroded.
Our sewer camera inspections are an excellent way to identify any of these issues, including tree root infiltration, and approach the exact location of the problem. This method can help your sewer system work smoothly all year round, ensuring efficient and reliable wastewater flow.
Benefits of Choosing Our Sewer Camera Inspection Services
At Roto-Rooter, we deeply understand the significance of a fully functional plumbing system. As a team of Certified Plumbers in Mobile, AL, we proudly serve the area with expert plumbing services, available round-the-clock. Rest assured, we are licensed and insured, offering emergency services to meet your needs. When it comes to sewer camera inspections, we have you covered. Contact Roto-Rooter now to experience the benefits firsthand.