Every home or business needs a proper water line repair every so often. Not only does it keep your water flowing smoothly, but it can also save you money in the long run by finding and fixing small leaks before they become big ones. As with anything else, these are things that should be done annually to ensure safety and efficiency. So what do you need to look out for? Here are four signs that indicate it’s time for professional help:
Your water pressure is low.
If your house’s water pressure is low, it can cause problems like slow-running faucets and toilets as well as leaks in the pipes themselves. If you have low water pressure, check for these signs:
- Your hose bibs (the outdoor faucets) are not working at all or are leaking
- Your shower or bathtub drains slowly
- You have to run your dishwasher more often than what’s recommended by the manufacturer
You hear strange noises coming from your pipes.
If you’re hearing strange noises coming from your pipes, it’s possible that there is a leak somewhere. Listen closely to see if any of these sounds are familiar:
- Gurgling or bubbling: This is the sound of water draining into the line and may indicate a slow leak.
- Banging and knocking: This could be anything from loose pipe fittings to gas lines, but it’s not harmful unless there’s an explosion involved.
- Hissing or hissing: This indicates a gas leak and can lead to serious health problems if left untreated.
You smell rotten eggs.
If you smell rotten eggs, that’s a sign of a gas leak. If you can smell the rotten eggs in your home or property, leave the area immediately and call the gas company. If you smell the rotten egg smell outside of your home or business, clear everyone out of the building and call 911.
- Other signs of a gas leak include: dimming lights, blowing fuses or water bubbling up from the ground.
You find water on the floor.
If you notice water on the floor, it’s time to call a plumber. Water leaks can cause damage to your home and result in expensive repairs. If you don’t know how to fix the problem yourself or aren’t sure whether it’s something you can handle, call an experienced plumber immediately.
If you experience any of these signs, don’t hesitate to call Roto-Rooter to schedule an inspection. Don’t wait too long for help; if the leak is left untreated for too long, mold can grow inside your walls and cause serious health issues. As tempting as it may be to try and fix whichever symptom appears first (like a clogged sink), always call in professionals when there are multiple problems present at once!
If you suspect a leak, you should call Roto-Rooter. We serve Mobile County, Baldwin County and Washington County. Visit https://rotorootermobile.com/ to learn more.